Ever since getting engaged a few months ago my weekends have been filled with a new found excitement, tons of celebrating and a sense of adventure (love is in the air). Wedding planning is definitely at the forefront of my days, nights and especially my weekends. While being a super fun time, shopping for the perfect dress, designing the décor, choosing the flowers, cake tastings (we haven’t made it that far down on the to-do list yet), deciding on tuxedos (that was a disappointing experience). Side note: disappointing because I was ready for a movie fitting room montage where my guy would come out looking dapper in all different fancy ensembles. Not the case. I was informed, “We only take his measurements. We don’t have anything here for him to try on.” Really people, really? Insert sad face here.
Anyway, all of these once in a lifetime activities have totally been my reality. Don’t get me wrong I love the escape from the day-to-day grind. Finding myself fantasizing about the perfect fairytale wedding with all the trimmings to match. Researching and googling ideas, finding inspiration, jumping from one aspect to the next, pinterest this and pinterest that. Well, I'm sad to say, it’s giving me a wicked case of insomnia. I’m usually a super decisive person, but when it comes to wedding planning I seem to be second guessing my decisions. I just want everything to be perfect so I’m putting pressure on myself. Lame. I just need to let go and ride the wave. I’ve found my perfect fit in my fiancé and everything else will just fall into place if I trust it and myself. So, in the meantime, during those sleepless nights when I’m trying to calm my mind here are a few items and activities that keep me relaxed/entertained while my fiancé sleeps peacefully without a care in the world. Jealous.
1) My new favorite candle keeps me relaxed and the scent is so pretty, if that makes sense. I am an avid candle lover so when I find one that smells so delicious I keep a plethora around the house. My latest victim is the Rose Water and Ivy candle by White Barn. You can purchase one (or many) from Bath and Body Works and it won't break your bank.
2) Late night Mani/Pedis are becoming a habit. Because it's usually late at night when this is happening I need a polish that dries fast. I'm totally into Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. It literally does exactly what it says and dries instantly. Love it. And since I'm in wedding planning mode and feeling the wedding day vibes my fave color lately is Petal Pusher.
3) Reading. I'm also a huge fan of reading. But not just one book at a time. There are usually at least 3 or 4 in rotation at the same time. You see my mind never shuts down. If only I had four sets of eyes that would make life easier. Currently in rotation is Create Rebellion by Robbie Tripp, Bloom by Estée Lalonde, Truly Madly Guilty (on kindle) by Liane Moriarty (huge fan) and of course whatever wedding magazines I can get my hands on.
4) Sleep lavender chamomile Pillow Mist. Ahhh if only that could really put me to sleep. It does smell lovely and creates a sense of relaxation.
And last but certainly not least.....
5) Online shopping. Oh how it is my good friend and my nemesis. This can be dangerous at night because for some reason I think that 3/4 in the morning is not real time. So real time rules like, don't spend too much money or don't eat that container of ice cream, don't apply. My latest splurge is this Tory Burch Georgia Turn-Lock Mini Bag in Malachite. It's yummy.
Hope you enjoy and please excuse my photography it's late.